BRING IT!!! Obama on the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, Mitt Romney:
“I think the general election will be as sharp a contrast between the two parties as we’ve seen in a generation. You have a Republican Party, and a presumptive Republican nominee, that believes in drastically rolling back environmental regulations, that believes in drastically rolling back collective-bargaining rights, that believes in an approach to deficit reduction in which taxes are cut further for the wealthiest Americans, and spending cuts are entirely borne by things like education or basic research or care for the vulnerable. All this will be presumably written into their platform and reflected in their convention. I don’t think that their nominee is going to be able to suddenly say, “Everything I’ve said for the last six months, I didn’t mean.” I’m assuming that he meant it. When you’re running for president, people are paying attention to what you’re saying.”
Read the full article HERE. And, in case you missed it, hit the jump to see the president shout out Young Jeezy. Recent events in Canada notwithstanding, how do you NOT vote for him just based on this?!
[via Move On Up]
There’s been a lot of talk these last couple of weeks about “hipster racism” or “ironic racism”—or, as I like to call it, racism. It’s, you know, introducing your black friend as “my black friend”—as a joke!!!—to show everybody how totally not preoccupied you are with your black friend’s blackness. It’s the gentler, more clueless, and more insidious cousin of a hick in a hood; the domain of educated, middle-class white people (like me—to be clear, I am one of those) who believe that not wanting to be racist makes it okay for them to be totally racist. “But I went to college — I can’t be racist!” Turns out, you can.
CLICK HERE for the full article.
After Toronto-born Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward lifted his team past the Boston Bruins with an overtime goal in the seventh game of the first round of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs a handful of racist fans slung tweeted a barrage of slurs.
Each game in the series was decided by one goal and four went into overtime, but when Ward’s 2-1 OT winner capped off the tight series some fans took to the micro-blogging site to spew racist comments.
“We lost … To a hockey playing n***** … What kind of sh** is this,” tweeted someone with the handle @Mahdawg_Jake.
Another person wrote, “Stupid n***** go play basketball hockey is a white sport.”
“Despite a black president, things haven’t changed. Some Boston fans called Joel Ward, scored game-winner for the Caps, the N-word on twitter,” black
CLICK HERE to read the full story.
When a rich woman wants to stay home with her kids, she’s lauded, and parenting is called one of the hardest jobs you can do. When a poor woman wants to stay home with her kids, she needs to learn the “dignity of work.” A rich, white woman who stays at home is a good mother. A poor, black woman who stays at home is welfare queen.
Cool-ass video directed by Marie Richer and Philip Rae (uomotoo)!!!
Why aren’t more people talking about this excellent mixtape album, Rich Kidd Vs. Dj NaNa: 2?? If you ain’t check it out yet, PAY ATTENTION!!!
01) Trespassing Intermood
02) F*ck Yesterday
03) Everybody’s Watching Me (feat. Blake Carrington)
04) Pour Out The Whole Bottle (feat. T. Ana Cole) - Rich Kidd & dj NaNa
05) I Got You (feat. Lokz & Rich Kidd) - Tona
06) Fresh [er Than The Rest] (feat. Rich Kidd) - Blake Carrington
07) I Don’t Love Her
08) New Spot - Rich Kidd & dj NaNa
09) 420 Special (Prod. DJ Scam)
10) Confusion 2 - Rich Kidd & dj NaNa (Prod. dj NaNa & Derek Wiggins)
11) Ain’t That
12) Grape Backwoods & Tropicana (feat. Degazity) (Prod. Black Milk)
13) Back In The Day (Prod. Show-N-Prove)
14) Say I
15) Hey Henry (feat. Rich Kidd) - Rah Rah
16) Soarin’ 2 Heaven [PT. 2] (feat. Rich Kidd) - Saukrates
17) Faster (feat. Richie Hennessey & Rich Kidd) - The Get By
18) Don’t Sleep On Me
19) Ridin’ Solo (feat. Steve JLin)
20) Exhibit R (Prod. Just Blaze)
21) Think With My Dick (Prod. DJ Fase)
22) Pokey’s Too Wide - The Western Union
23) Don’t Want Nobody
24) Disrespectful (feat. Rich Kidd) - 4D (Co-Prod. Arthur McArthur)
25) Boiling Point (Prod. DJ Scam)
27) Rob Sumthin’ (feat. Saukrates)
28) So Much More (feat. Colin Munroe & Saukrates) (Co-Prod Arthur McArthur & Big Pops)
29) Take It Slow
30) Run Fa Cover (Co-Prod Arthur McArthur)
31) My Last (Prod. No I.D.)
[via DJ Sean Sax Tumblr]